Macaroni and Cheese
This includes a lot of steps and will need another Solar cooker. Therefore, it is advisable to plan for this in advance.
- 1lb of ground sausage of your choice
- 2 cups uncooked macaroni noodles
- 4 tbsp each of butter and flour
- Milk (4 cups)
- Grated cheddar cheese (4 cups)
- 5 cups of water
- Boil the bowl of water with salt for three hours.
- Cook the sausage in another cooker. Slice into small portions.
- Once cooked, drain the fat and leave the sausage covered in pan.
- Add macaroni to the water. Cover the pot immediately and align towards the sun.
- Check the macaroni every thirty minutes until it’s ready.
For this, you can use a gas or electric stove or another solar cooker.
- Melt the butter and add flour. Stir.
- Add milk. Cook over medium heat to thicken.
- Add salt and three cups of cheese.
- Mix the macaroni, cheese, and sausage in a casserole.
- Cover with plastic wrap and place inside the pre-heated solar oven. Cook until ready.