No Meat Chili
Here is the procedure for making chili without meat on the solar oven.
- 1 can each of kidney beans, black beans, and red beans
- 2 cans pinto beans
- 3 cans of whole stewed tomatoes
- 1 can dice green chilies
- 1 onion
- 2 large cloves of garlic
- 1 package chili mix any brand
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp black ground pepper
- 5 tbsp salt (more or less if desired)
- 1 tsp paprika
- 2 beef bouillon cubes or it’s vegetarian equivalent
- Pre-heat both the Solar Cooker and the Pot.
- Rinse all the beans in a bowl of water.
- Blend or chop tomatoes in a blender. Careful not to turn it into mash.
- Mix everything together in a large bowl or pot.
- Pour a small amount of water into the bouillon cubes to dilute them.
- Once all the ingredients are thoroughly mixed, put it into the pot or pan to cook.
- Transfer the pot or pan to the solar cooker and take it outside to the sun.
- Let it cook for 3 to 6 hours. The longer you let it cook, the better.